- Rigatoni with Vodka-Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Rigatoni with Vodka-Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne cut or Halves in oil, oil drained and set aside, sun dried tomatoes pureed and set asked separately
- 4 lg garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 tsp whole dry oregano
- 8 oz good quality vodka
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan and fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Serves 4
- Over a medium flame in a large sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp of the sun dried tomato oil and sauté the garlic, stirring often until light golden.
- Add the oregano, stir 15 seconds, turn to low and slowly add the vodka and reduce until 1 1/2-2 oz liquid remains. Add the 28 oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce and sun dried tomato puree.
- Heat until simmering, turn to low and simmer 10 more minutes stirring often, season with salt and pepper and serve hot over just-cooked, well-drained rigatoni.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan.