Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled ground tomatoes
- 1 + ½ jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, well
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Pour ground tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes into a crock pot or Dutch oven. Add
- sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, mustard powder, black
- pepper, cayenne pepper, and whole clove.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook on medium-high, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick, 11
- to 12 hours. Stir every half hour to hour.
- Press the ketchup through a fine strainer, or put it through a food mill (to strain out
- any skins and seeds).
- Puree using an immersion blender until very smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer the strained ketchup to a bowl. Cool completely before tasting to adjust