Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup
It's so fun to make from-scratch recipes and this one, because of the richness of the sun dried tomatoes, is a unique winner that makes a burger better, adds a kick to salad dressings and will take your french fry experience to new heights.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled ground tomatoes
- 1 and ½ jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, well
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1¾ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp celery salt
- ⅛ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- Pour ground tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes into a crock pot or Dutch oven. Add
- sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, mustard powder, black
- pepper, cayenne pepper, and whole clove.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook on medium-high, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick, 11
- to 12 hours. Stir every half hour to hour.
- Press the ketchup through a fine strainer, or put it through a food mill (to strain out
- any skins and seeds).
- Puree using an immersion blender until very smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer the strained ketchup to a bowl. Cool completely before tasting to adjust