Bacon, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Turkey-Avocado Club Sandwich
Join the club! More accurately, the California Club! This is a Cali-fresh take on the old classic with the addition of Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes, avocado and...drumroll...parmesan coating the bread for a flavor explosion unlike any other. Maybe some of that dark sesame seed sourdough whole wheat bread you can find at the farmers' market will make this already superspecial sandwich even more Cali. Can you dig it?
- 3 slices sourdough
- 1 tsp butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 TB grated parmesan
- 2 TB sun dried tomato aioli (directions below)
- 4 slices maple, or other artisan bacon (or plain bacon brushed with maple syrup), cooked crispy
- ½ cup packed baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves, drained, oil reserved for another day
- 3 oz turkey, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado, sliced and seasoned with a teeny pinch of salt and 3 twists of the pepper mill
- For the aioli, purée together: 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably home made), 1 garlic clove and 1 cup sun dried tomato halves (you’ll have a lot left over so make less if you prefer).
- Lightly toast 1 slice of the sourdough separately, for the middle of the sandwich.
- For the 2 parmesan coated slices of bread, use ½ tsp butter per slice of bread, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle each buttered side with ½ TB parmesan.
- On a griddle or in a pan, cook the slices of bread, cheese side down, until golden brown.
- Place the bread slices on a cutting board cheese side down.
- Spread 1 tsp aioli evenly on each slice of bread.
- On one slice, layer the bacon, then spinach, then sun dried tomatoes.
- Put the plain slice of bread on, spread 1 tsp aioli on top of that, then layer the turkey and avocado on top.
- Top the stack with the other slice of bread, cheese side up.
- Press down gently to help it hold together.
- Stick 2 frill picks into it, equidistant, in what will be the center of each of the 2 pieces of sandwich.
- Cut in half on the bias and serve.