- Bacon, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Turkey-Avocado Club Sandwich
Bacon, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Turkey-Avocado Club Sandwich
- 3 slices sourdough
- 1 tsp butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 TB grated parmesan
- 2 TB sun dried tomato aioli (directions below)
- 4 slices maple, or other artisan bacon (or plain bacon brushed with maple syrup), cooked crispy
- ½ cup packed baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves, drained, oil reserved for another day
- 3 oz turkey, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado, sliced and seasoned with a teeny pinch of salt and 3 twists of the pepper mill
- For the aioli, purée together: 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably home made), 1 garlic clove and 1 cup sun dried tomato halves (you’ll have a lot left over so make less if you prefer).
- Lightly toast 1 slice of the sourdough separately, for the middle of the sandwich.
- For the 2 parmesan coated slices of bread, use ½ tsp butter per slice of bread, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle each buttered side with ½ TB parmesan.
- On a griddle or in a pan, cook the slices of bread, cheese side down, until golden brown.
- Place the bread slices on a cutting board cheese side down.
- Spread 1 tsp aioli evenly on each slice of bread.
- On one slice, layer the bacon, then spinach, then sun dried tomatoes.
- Put the plain slice of bread on, spread 1 tsp aioli on top of that, then layer the turkey and avocado on top.
- Top the stack with the other slice of bread, cheese side up.
- Press down gently to help it hold together.
- Stick 2 frill picks into it, equidistant, in what will be the center of each of the 2 pieces of sandwich.
- Cut in half on the bias and serve.